Relatório de situação da guerra na Ucrânia - dia 555
September 1, 2023 - A Rússia realiza eleições regionais nos "novos territórios" ocupados das regiões de Donetsk, Lugansk, Zaporíjia e Kherson procurando cimentar a autoridade de Moscovo.
Russia has been sinking ships in the Kerch Strait in a bid to create an underwater barrier against Ukrainian seaborne drone attacks on the Kerch Bridge, the vital logistical link from mainland Russia to Crimea.
President Zelensky claimed that a Ukrainian-made long-range missile
successfully hit a target 700km away, as Kyiv bids to increase its domestic production of long-range missiles, but gave no details of the missile or the target. Russian reports say a Ukrainian drone struck a building near one of the country’s biggest nuclear reactors but did not mention any damage to the reactor.
- Institute for the Study of War
- Moscow stages local elections in occupied parts of Ukraine (Reuters)
- UN chief sends Russia bid to revive Black Sea grain deal (Reuters)
- Ukraine reports some battlefield 'successes' in the south, east (Reuters)
- Russia's FSB says it thwarted Ukrainian sabotage group in border region (Reuters)