Relatório de situação da guerra na Ucrânia - dia 537
August 14, 2023 -
Um navio de guerra russo disparou tiros de aviso contra cargueiro que
rumava ao porto romeno de Sulina – não a Izmail na Ucrânia como alegado.
This is the first time Russia has fired on merchant shipping outside Ukraine since it halted participation in the Black Sea grain deal in July that allowed Ukraine to safely export agricultural produce. Moscow now considers all ships heading to Ukrainian waters to be potentially carrying weapons. Kyiv has started to register ships willing to use a “humanitarian corridor” for ships trapped in Ukrainian ports since Russia’s invasion on Feb 24, 2022.
Russia has vowed retaliation for Ukraine’s “terrorist actions” after thwarting three missile attacks on the Kerch Bridge linking Crimea with the Russian mainland. Traffic was briefly halted on the strategic route.
Germany is to deliver the new Luna New Generation drone system to Kyiv, including drones with ground control systems, launch catapults and military trucks.
- Institute for the Study of War
- Russian warship fires warning shots at cargo ship in Black Sea (Reuters)
- Russia vows retaliation for Ukraine's 'terrorist attack' on Crimean Bridge (Reuters)
- Ukraine military reports progress in south (Reuters)
- China defence minister to visit Russia, Belarus Aug 14-19 (Reuters)