Relatório de situação da guerra na Ucrânia - dia 439
May 8, 2023 - Uma vaga de ataques russos antes da parada do 9 Mai, Dia da Vitória – que assinala a vitória sobre a Alemanha nazi, quando Moscovo exibe o seu mais recente equipamento militar e honra os mortos na guerra – atingiu Kiev, Kharkiv, Kherson, Mykolaev e Odessa.
Artillery distribution to Wagner forces in Bakhmut appears to have resumed after the group chief Yevgeny Prigozhin threatened to withdraw his troops over the lack of supplies. Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov may have compelled the military leadership to act after saying he would transfer his troops to Bakhmut, potentially leaving other areas of the front exposed to Ukrainian counter-attacks.
Over 1,600 people have been evacuated from the area surrounding the Zaporizhya nuclear plant by Moscow-backed authorities after the head of the IAEA warned that the situation had become “potentially dangerous”. A Ukrainian counter-offensive is expected to begin soon and appears likely to include this Russian-controlled region.
- Russian offensive campaign assessment (ISW)
- Ukraine military says all 35 drones Russia launched overnight destroyed (Reuters)
- Wagner group signals it will stay in Bakhmut after Prigozhin threatened to pull forces (Reuters)
- More than 1,600 evacuated from Zaporizhzhia nuclear-plant areas (Reuters)
- Russia steps up strikes on Ukraine ahead of May 9 Victory Day holiday (Reuters)