Sudão conclui Acordos Abraham com Israel
February 3, 2023 - Cartum está em vias de assinar um acordo de paz formal com Israel numa medida altamente simbólica - a cidade foi o local da declaração de 1967 da Liga Árabe que rejeitou o reconhecimento do estado judaico.
Israel and Sudan will sign an “historic peace agreement” in Washington in a few months' time, Israel's foreign minister announced with Sudan becoming the latest Arab League country to establish such ties.
Since 2020, when the Abraham Accords were signed, there are now six Arab League countries with formal relations with Israel, plus a number that engage in informal or covert co-operation. Trade between Israel and the Abraham Accords countries now amounts to almost $3.5 billion, the majority with the United Arab Emirates.
- Israel says Sudan peace deal to be signed in Washington (BBC)
- The costs and benefits of Arab-Israeli normalization on Abraham Accords’ two-year anniversary (Arab News)
- Two years on, what is the state of the Abraham Accords? (Middle East Institute)
- Establishing a legacy of peace and prosperity (Abraham Accords Peace Institute)
- Israel, Egypt to boost economic ties, step up bilateral trade to $700m (Times of Israel)