Canadá criou 437.000 novos residentes permanentes em 2022
January 4, 2023 -
O Canadá concedeu mais de 437.000 vistos de residência permanente
em 2022, um novo recorde, para combater a escassez de mão de obra.
Canada granted a record number of foreigners permanent residency in 2022 – allowing 437,000 people to settle there – surpassing their target of 431,645.
Last year’s total is around 9% higher than the figure for 2021. Canada wants to bring in 1.45 million new permanent residents by the end of 2025 to address acute labour market shortages.
Canada lacks skilled workers, with 871,300 job vacancies as of October 2022 – down from a record high of over a million vacancies five months earlier.
- Canada grants record permanent residency permits in 2022 (Reuters)
- Canada plans record immigration targets amid labour crunch (Reuters)
- Canada welcomes historic number of newcomers in 2022 (Government of Canada)
- Permanent Residents (Government of Canada)
- Canada Immigration Levels Plan 2023-2025 (CanadaVisa)