Publicado relatório sobre as festas em Downing Street
May 25, 2022 - O Primeiro ministro britânico Boris Johnson enfrenta maior escrutínio após a publicação de um muito aguardado relatório sobre os encontros ilegais em Downing Street durante os confinamentos Covid-19.
Government employees partied in Downing Street while the English population was locked down at the height of the coronavirus pandemic, according to Sue Gray’s damning report.
Senior leadership at Number 10 is heavily criticised, with Gray saying many events “should not have been allowed to happen” and senior leadership “must bear responsibility for this culture”.
The report highlights excessive drinking, vomiting staff and abuse of cleaning and security workers, whose warnings about parties breaking Covid rules were ignored.
- Partygate: A timeline of the lockdown gatherings (BBC)
- Coronavirus: A history of English lockdown laws (Commons Library)
- Timeline of UK government coronavirus lockdowns and restrictions (Institute for Government)
- No.10 staff were stunned Boris Johnson denied he knew about rule-breaking parties (Daily Mirror)
- Sue Gray “Partygate” report (Cabinet office)