COREIA DO NORTE
Coreia do Norte confirma teste de míssil para lançamento de submarino
October 20, 2021 - A Coreia do Norte diz ter testado com sucesso um novo míssil balístico lançado de submarino (SLBM), o seu primeiro teste desse tipo em dois anos, para melhorar as suas capacidades submarinas.
Tuesday’s launch was the highest-profile weapons test by North Korea since President Joe Biden took office in January. The Biden administration has repeatedly said it’s open to resuming nuclear diplomacy with North Korea “anywhere and at any time” without preconditions. The North has so far rebuffed such overtures, saying U.S. hostility remains unchanged.
South Korea’s military described the missile as a short-range, submarine-launched ballistic missile and said the launch was made from waters near the eastern port of Sinpo, where North Korea has a major shipyard building submarines.