Primeira missão espacial civil
September 15, 2021 -
A Inspiration4 é a primeira missão a orbitar a Terra sem um astronauta
profissional a bordo. O milionário Jared Isaacman comprou quatro voos da SpaceX para reunir $200m para um hospital pediátrico em Memphis.
The mission will send the crew on a three-day mission to orbit Earth in a SpaceX Crew Dragon capsule. It is scheduled to lift off from NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida on Sep 15, riding to orbit on a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket.
The privately funded mission will raise money for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
The crew includes Jared Isaacman, contest winner Sian Proctor, childhood cancer survivor Hayley Arceneaux and raffle winner Chris Sembroski.
Along with the recent space journeys by billionaires Jeff Bezos and Richard Branson, Inspiration4 is seen as part of an effort to open up space travel to non-professionals
Netflix’s five-episode docuseries will depict crew preparations, live launch on Sep 15, and return to Earth.
- The First All-Civilian Mission To Orbit (SpaceX)
- Inspiration4: What is the private SpaceX trip to orbit? (The Independent)
- A Billionaire Names His Team to Ride SpaceX, No Pros Allowed (NYT)
- 'Countdown: Inspiration4 Mission to Space,' a docuseries on SpaceX's 1st all-civilian spaceflight, launches on Netflix (Space.com)
- SpaceX Crew Dragon spacecraft to get a glass dome for panoramic views (Digital Trends)