O afã inicial do Presidente Biden
February 4, 2021 - December 5, 2021 - Desde que tomou posse a 20 de janeiro, o Presidente Joe Biden dedicou-se em força a ações executivas, superando de longe os seus antecessores enquanto procura desmantelar rapidamente as políticas da Administração Trump.
With the stroke of a pen, Biden has rejoined the Paris climate agreement, halted work on the Keystone XL pipeline, reversed the ban on travel from Muslim-majority nations and repealed the Mexico City policy.
Some Republicans have criticized Biden for pushing through Democratic priorities with a signature, after preaching unity and bipartisanship. The number of actions is notable, but these sorts of reversals are something most presidents do.
Executive actions can’t create new laws – they have to exist within the constraints of the Constitution and existing statute. They direct the executive branch to do what is already in its power. And as a result they can be, and often are, reversed by the next president.
- Biden signs executive orders at furious pace (The Hill)
- With 28 Executive Orders Signed, President Biden Is Off To A Record Start (NPR)
- Executive Orders by president (The American Presidency Project)
- Executive Orders (The American Presidency Project)
- 2021 Joe Biden Executive Orders (Federal Register)