Novas violações de cessar fogo entre a Arménia e o Azerbaijão
October 27, 2020 -
Forças do Azerbaijão e arménias retomaram os combates por
Nagorno-Karabakh após o colapso do cessar fogo mediado pelos EUA
destinado a pôr fim a semanas de conflito na região disputada.
The truce that took effect Monday morning was agreed upon on Sunday after talks facilitated by the United States. It was a third attempt to establish a lasting ceasefire in the flare-up of a decades-old conflict and, just like the previous two, it was immediately challenged by claims of violation from both sides, AP said
Nagorno-Karabakh lies within Azerbaijan but has been under the control of ethnic Armenian forces backed by Armenia since a war there ended in 1994. The latest fighting that began on September 27 has killed hundreds of people and risks sucking Turkey and Russia into a regional conflict, Reuters said.
- New Armenia, Azerbaijan truce totters amid violation claims (AP)
- Armenia says Karabakh forces quit town as U.S.-backed ceasefire appears to fail (Reuters)
- Perspectives: Armenia’s military position in Nagorno-Karabakh grows precarious (Eurasianet)
- Areas of control (Liveuamap)
- Azerbaijani advances (Twitter)