Momentos marcantes de Jacinda Ardern
October 17, 2020 -
O primeiro mandato da PM neozelandesa Jacinda Ardern foi desafiante,
mas a sua liderança sob crise – tão decisiva como apaixonada – fez dela uma das dirigentes mais proeminentes do mundo.
In a hectic first term, Ardern has faced New Zealand's worst terror attack, a deadly volcanic eruption, the country's deepest recession in more than 30 years, and the shared global threat of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Ardern is widely viewed as the antithesis of Donald Trump, and has even become a source of pride for Kiwis.
Despite her success in handling crises, questions have been asked of Labour's credentials to tackle the looming economic crisis.
Some critics suggest the extraordinary events that have shaped her first term – the pandemic, the Christchurch mosque shootings and the White Island volcano explosion – have masked some shortcomings.
- Jacinda Ardern eyes historic election win in COVID-free New Zealand (Reuters)
- Will Jacinda Ardern Win a Second Term? New Zealand’s Election, Explained (NYT)
- Swarmed by Maskless Crowds, Jacinda Ardern Is Set for Landslide Win (
- The leader's not for #turning: is Jacinda Ardern really the future of liberal democracy? (SMH)
- New Zealand's Ardern: A tenure beset by crisis (AFP)