Os ecrãs inteligentes ganham popularidade
October 10, 2018 -- Os ecrãs inteligentes que funcionam como assistentes estão a ganhar
balanço, com novos dispositivos da Amazon, Google e Facebook.
Google has followed Facebook and Amazon by launching a new smart display, allowing users to talk with a virtual assistant as well control smart home devices and watch YouTube videos.
However, unlike its more expensive rivals, Google’s new Home Hub comes without a camera, in an effort to avoid the kinds of privacy concerns that are dogging Facebook’s new Portal device.
Tech giants like Google, Amazon, and Apple, have been testing the water with relatively inexpensive smart speakers for the last year or two, with customers installing always-on microphones in their kitchens, lounges and bedrooms. But despite fears of eavesdropping and privacy leaks, such devices have sold millions of units worldwide.
- Tech giants are betting on screen-enabled smart speakers (Business Insider)
- The new amazon echo show’s improved screen and better speakers aren’t enough (The Verge)
- Google’s Home app gets much better design and can now control smart devices remotely (The Verge)
- Google launches new smart speaker with screen (Financial Times)
- Facebook launches video-calling device Portal (Finacial Times)