Líderes das duas Coreias encontram-se em cimeira histórica
April 27, 2018 -- Kim Jong-un da Coreia do Norte e o Presidente sul-coreano Moon Jae-in vão encontrar-se pela primeira vez a 27 de abril na “aldeia da trégua” de Panmunjom para conversações destinadas a ampliar o
recente desanuviamento na península.
Vão abrir caminho a uma cimeira histórica
entre Kim e o Presidente dos EUA
The two Korean leaders will meet at Peace House, a South Korean building which lies south of the demarcation line that bisects Panmunjom, which means that Kim would become the first North Korean leader to set foot in the South since the Korean War.
Leaders of the two Koreas have held talks only twice since the 1950-53 Korean War, in 2000 and 2007, under previous liberal governments in South Korea. The Korean Peninsula was divided in 1945 into a U.S.-dominated south and Soviet-backed north, which became sovereign nations three years later.
- Rival Korean leaders to meet April 27 in historic summit (Washington Post)
- North and South Korea Set a Date for Summit Meeting at Border (New York Times)
- Joint Security Area / Panmunjom
- 7 things to know about Panmunjom (Straits Times)
- North Korea and South Korea met in the 'truce village' of Panmunjom