Onde está a desnuclearização da Coreia do Norte?
July 5, 2018 -- Mike Pompeo visita a Coreia do Norte numa tentativa para pressionar o regime de Pyongyang quanto aos compromissos que os EUA dizem que assumiu na cimeira de Singapura. Mas relatórios recentes baseados em informações secretas dos EUA indicam que a Coreia do Norte prossegue o seu programa de armamento, apesar de prometer desnuclearizar, pondo em dúvida a sua sinceridade negocial.
An NBC News report quoted U.S. officials saying U.S. intelligence agencies believe North Korea has increased production of fuel for nuclear weapons at multiple secret sites in recent months.
Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey, California, issued a report saying recent satellite imagery showed North Korea was completing a major expansion of a key manufacturing plant for solid-fuel missiles.
And 38 North, a North Korea monitoring project affiliated with Washington’s Stimson Center think tank, said satellite imagery showed the North had been upgrading its Yongbyon nuclear complex.
- North Korea Has Continued Ballistic Missile Launcher Production in 2018 (The Diplomat)
- North Korea working to conceal key aspects of its nuclear program (Washington Post)
- North Korea satellite images show missile plant construction (CNN)
- North Korea has increased nuclear production at secret sites (NBC News)
- Infrastructure Improvements at North Korea’s Yongbyon Nuclear Research Facility (38 North)