Russische invasie: dag 513
July 21, 2023 - Poland is moving its troops to its eastern border due to the threat from Wagner troops who were relocated to the country following the aborted mutiny.
Wagner troops are believed to be reassimilating into the Russian regular forces and are now training the Belarus army at a military range just a few miles from the Polish border, from where the sound of shooting and helicopters can be heard.
Russia has hit grain terminals on the Black Sea for a third day after the expiry of the deal which allowed safe passage from Ukrainian ports. Moscow has also warned that it will consider all shipping bound for Ukrainian ports to be a potential carrier of military cargo and therefore a military target, in a move designed to leverage concessions from the west and intensify divisions between Ukraine and eastern European allies as they attempt to find alternate routes for the grain.
Poland, Hungary, Romania, Slovakia, and Bulgaria all called for the EU to extend a ban on Ukrainian grain imports, which have affected their domestic markets, until at least the end of the year, although Poland was willing to facilitate the transit of Ukrainian grain.
- Institute for the Study of War
- Poland to move soldiers to east of country due to Wagner risks-PAP (Reuters)
- New US sanctions target Russian access to battlefield supplies for Ukraine war (Reuters)
- Cluster munitions in Ukrainian hands, being deployed in field, White House says (Reuters)
- Russia hits grain terminals of agricultural enterprise in Ukraine's Odesa region -governor (Reuters)