Russische invasie: Situatie dag 404
April 3, 2023 - Russia says it will station tactical nuclear weapons near to Belarus’ western border which it shares with NATO member Poland.
Vladimir Putin announced last week that a weapons storage facility is set to be completed by July 1, after which they will be moved to the west of the country. Belarus borders NATO members Lithuania and Latvia to the north, and Poland to the west.
A bomb blast at a bar in St. Petersburg reportedly owned by the Wagner Group owner Yevgeny Prigozhin has killed a prominent pro-war
blogger in an apparent assassination, leaving more than 30 injured. Vladlen Tatarsky was no more influential than many other bloggers however, and the attack, which Prigozhin declined to blame on Kyiv, may be part of an escalating internal conflict aimed at Prigozhin himself.
- Russian offensive campaign assessment (ISW)
- Russia to place nuclear weapons near Belarus' borders with NATO (Reuters)
- Bomb that killed Russian war blogger wounded 32, RIA reports (Reuters)
- Russia says US behind Ukraine's pressure on Moscow-linked Orthodox church (Reuters)
- Ukraine's Zelenskiy thanks Bakhmut defenders as Wagner head says town has fallen (Reuters)