Canada verhoogt het aantal immigranten
January 4, 2023 - Canada granted over 437,000 permanent residency permits in 2022, a new record, to combat an acute labour shortage.
Canada granted a record number of foreigners permanent residency in 2022 – allowing 437,000 people to settle there – surpassing their target of 431,645.
Last year’s total is around 9% higher than the figure for 2021. Canada wants to bring in 1.45 million new permanent residents by the end of 2025 to address acute labour market shortages.
Canada lacks skilled workers, with 871,300 job vacancies as of October 2022 – down from a record high of over a million vacancies five months earlier.
- Canada grants record permanent residency permits in 2022 (Reuters)
- Canada plans record immigration targets amid labour crunch (Reuters)
- Canada welcomes historic number of newcomers in 2022 (Government of Canada)
- Permanent Residents (Government of Canada)
- Canada Immigration Levels Plan 2023-2025 (CanadaVisa)