Covid-19-beleid van Beijing op de Winterspelen
February 4, 2022 - February 20, 2022 - Beijing is going to great lengths to make sure Covid-19 does not impact the Winter Olympics. Athletes, media and observers, who must be fully vaccinated, will stay in three distinct bubbles, and foreign spectators are barred.
The measures against Covid-19 are expected to go far beyond those taken at the Tokyo Games in 2021. They include all-day armpit thermometers, with tiny transmitters to sound the alarm should someone develop a fever. Guards in biohazard suits, will be ready to stop anyone from leaving.
- In Beijing's Olympic bubble: police escorts, daily Covid-19 tests, robot chefs (Reuters)
- Winter Olympics: What is China's Covid policy and does it work? (BBC)
- China faces omicron test weeks ahead of Beijing Olympics (AP)
- Police escorts, hazmat suits – welcome to Beijing’s Olympic bubble (AFP)
- Competition zones (Beijing 2022)