China pronkt met nieuwe macht in de lucht
September 29, 2021 - China has unveiled sophisticated new aircraft at its top air show in Zhuhai, with an eye on disputed territories from Taiwan to the South China Sea and its growing rivalry with the United States.
The new aircraft, unveiled at the China International Aviation and Aerospace Exhibition in the southern city of Zhuhai, included a prototype of the CH-6 long-endurance drone, capable of reconnaissance and strike operations, and the WZ-7 high-altitude surveillance drone.
Also capturing attention for the first time was the J-16D, an electronic attack version of China’s J-16 fighter.
The South China Sea is one of the most disputed regions in the world. China claims most of it but surrounding countries and the U.S. disagree.
- China vaunts air power, civil growth at Zhuhai show (Reuters)
- China shows off new drones and jets at Zhuhai airshow (AFP)
- Exclusive: CH-6 drone makes debut at Airshow China, ‘powerful UAV affordable, reliable’ (Global Times)
- Airshow China 2021: Janes analysis of a highly anticipated event (Janes)
- China to unveil new reconnaissance and attack drones at air show (SCMP)