Wereldwijde golf van onrust
November 18, 2019 -
Grote anti-regeringsprotesten vanwege ongelijkheid, corruptie en
vermeende verkiezingsfraude vinden op elk continent plaats.
A wave of protests has rocked the world for months, from Bolivia, to Chile, and Lebanon to Hong Kong.
Each protest in this global wave of unrest has its own local dynamic and cause. But they also share certain similarities – mainly, anger at rising inequality, corruption and slow economic growth.
- UN calls for talks to end Bolivia crisis as death toll rises (AP)
- Chileans agree to replace dictatorship-era constitution (AP)
- Lebanon’s outgoing PM blasts president’s party over delays (AP)
- Iraqi protester killed amid fresh clashes on Baghdad bridge (AP)
- Hong Kong police battle protesters in university siege (AP)
Graphic News Standards