Invasión rusa: Informe de situación - día 551
August 28, 2023 - Ucrania dice que ha liberado la población de Robotyne en el Óblast Zaporiyia y que sus fuerzas avanzan lentamente en dirección de Melitópol y Berdiansk.
Ukrainian forces are continuing to advance south of Bakhmut but are defending against a Russian offensive at Kupiansk near Kharkiv. The Ukrainian counteroffensive appears to be attempting to split Russian-held territory in two in Zaporizhya, but Russia’s defensive positions are well dug-in and heavily mined, making any progress slow and hard-fought.
Russia’s Investigative committee has confirmed the DNA of Wagner chief Yevgeny Prigozhin amongst the dead on board the plane which came down on August 23. Meanwhile, the Ministry of Defence is attempting to take over Wagner Group operations in Africa and the Middle East, with Vladimir Putin ordering Wagner fighters to sign an oath of allegiance.
- Institute for the Study of War
- Ukraine says it has liberated southeastern village of Robotyne (Reuters)
- Second vessel leaves Odesa through temporary Black Sea corridor: Minister (Reuters)
- Zelenskiy says elections could happen under fire if West helps (Reuters)
- Russian SU-30 plane escorted US drone Reaper over Black Sea, RIA reports (Reuters)