El nuevo lanzador espacial de Corea del Norte revela progreso tecnológico
June 2, 2023 - A pesar de un lanzamiento fallido, el más reciente lanzador espacial de la naciónarmada nuclearmente indica un progreso significativo en tecnología de misiles.
The newly developed Chollima-1 rocket, carrying the Malligyong-1 spy satellite, launched from Sohae Satellite Launch Station on May 31, at 6:29am (local time).
After the separation of the first stage, the engine of the second stage failed to ignite, causing the rocket to lose thrust and fall into the Yellow Sea.
The launch sparked emergency warnings on the southern Japanese island of Okinawa and in the South Korean capital Seoul, where the city briefly issued an evacuation warning in error. Both alerts were later lifted.
North Korean officials vowed to conduct a second launch as soon as possible, suggesting that Kim remains determined to expand his weapons arsenal and apply more pressure on Washington and Seoul.
- North Korea satellite plunges in sea in 'rushed' failure; more launches expected (Reuters)
- North Korea says it failed to launch spy satellite but will try again soon (nknews)
- North Korea spy satellite launch fails as rocket falls into the sea (AP)
- Failed N.K. space rocket launch shows both technological challenges, growing space ambitions: analysts (Yonhap News)
- North Korea’s spy satellite launch fails with second-stage malfunction (SpaceNews)