RU manda misiles Storm Shadow de largo alcance a Ucrania
May 12, 2023 - Gran Bretaña se ha convertido en el primer país occidental en suminstrar a Ucrania misiles crucero de largo alcance Storm Shadow que Kiev necesita para aumentar sus oportunidades en una contraofensiva muy anticipada.
The Storm Shadow cruise missile is armed with a penetrating warhead capable of destroying hardened and buried targets from long range.
Storm Shadow has a range of “in excess of 250km”, according to its manufacturer, the European arms group MBDA. That is significantly further than the high-precision US Himars rocket launchers currently used heavily by Ukraine, which rely on missiles with a range of 70km.
The Storm Shadow missile has been operated by both British and French air forces and has been used previously in the Gulf, Iraq and Libya.
- Britain moves first to supply Ukraine with long-range cruise missiles (Reuters)
- Ukraine’s Storm Shadow Missiles Are A Big Problem For Russia (The Drive)
- UK confirms supply of Storm Shadow long-range missiles in Ukraine (BBC)
- MBDA (Storm Shadow facfile)
- The U.K. Has Given Ukraine the Storm Shadow (Popular Mechanics)