EUA enviará vehículos Stryker a Ucrania
January 20, 2023 - Se espera que EUA anuncie el envío de vehículos brlindados Stryker a Ucrnaia por primera vez, para ayudar a Kiev a lanzar operaciones avanzadas de combate.
The White House is finalising plans to send nearly 100 Stryker armoured vehicles to Ukraine as part of a new package of military aid worth about $2.5 billion, with an announcement expected at a meeting of Ukraine’s allies in Germany on Friday.
In addition to sending Strykers for the first time, Washington is also expected to announce it will send at least 50 more Bradley infantry fighting vehicles. Officials cautioned the plans were not final.
The two vehicles serve different purposes. The Bradley brings more firepower but carries fewer troops. The more lightly armored Stryker, because it is wheeled, can move a lot faster on paved roads, meaning it can get infantry squadrons into the fight faster.
Ukraine has for months sought to be supplied with heavier tanks, including the U.S. Abrams and the German Leopard 2 tanks, but Western leaders have been treading carefully. The UK announced last week that it will send Challenger 2 tanks to Ukraine, but the U.S. and Germany have held off.
- US Plans to Include Stryker Vehicles in New Ukraine Aid Package (Bloomberg)
- Strykers, Bradleys likely in huge US aid package for Ukraine (AP)
- Pentagon weighs sending Stryker combat vehicles to Ukraine (POLITICO)
- US finalising plans to send nearly 100 Stryker combat vehicles to Ukraine (FT)
- M1126 Stryker Infantry Carrier Vehicle (Global Security)