Corea del Sur investigará la letal estampida de Halloween
October 31, 2022 - Corea del Sur ha prometido realizar una investigación exhaustiva sobre laestampida en una fiesta de Halloween que mató más de 150 juerguistas en Seúl.
South Korean prime minister Han Duck-soo has promised a thorough investigation into the Halloween crush that killed 154 revellers in Seoul on October 29.
At least 132 other people were injured, 37 of them seriously, in the stampede that ocurred in the streets and alleyways around the Hamilton Hotel in the Itaewon area of the capital.
The majority of those killed were in their twenties or thirties, according to the Central Disaster and Safety Countermeasures Headquarters.
The dead included 26 foreign nationals from 15 different countries.
- Seoul’s deadly Halloween crowd crush killed citizens of 15 nations (Bloomberg)
- Witnesses describe ‘a hell’ inside South Korean crowd surge (AP)
- Seoul Halloween stampede - latest (Independent)
- Seoul crowd crush: As nation mourns, a focus on how a festive night turned deadly (New York Times)
- 3D map of Seoul (Seoul Metropolitan Government)