ONU demanda acceso a planta nuclear de Ucrania
August 8, 2022 - El secretario general de la ONU Antonio Guterres ha hecho un llamado para que se dé acceso a inspectores internacionales a la planta de energía nuclear de Zaporiyia de Ucrania, tras un segundo ataque en días consecutivos
Russian forces captured the plant in Ukraine's southeast in early March, shortly after Moscow's Feb. 24 invasion of its neighbour, but it is still run by Ukrainian technicians, according to Reuters.
Ukraine blamed Russia for renewed shelling in the area of the plant on Saturday that had damaged three radiation sensors and injured a worker. It was the second reported hit on the plant in as many days, following damage to a power line, Reuters said.
- Attack on Ukraine nuclear plant prompts U.N. call for access (Reuters)
- Factbox: Five facts about Ukraine’s Zaporizhia nuclear power plant (Reuters)
- UN nuclear chief: Ukraine nuclear plant is “out of control” (AP)
- Russian officials claim control over the Zaporizhia Nuclear Power Station (Business Insider)
- Russia accused of shelling from Zaporizhia nuclear plant in Ukraine (France 24)