La Corte Suprema revoca los derechos de aborto
June 21, 2022 - La Corte Suprema de EUA ha anulado el histórico fallo Roe vs Wade dando una trascendental victoria a los republicanos y los conservadores religiosos que desean limitar o prohibir el aborto.
In 1973, the Supreme court ruled in Roe v Wade that pregnant people were entitled to an abortion during the first three months of their pregnancy.
But a leaked draft of their forthcoming ruling suggests the court is poised to overturn that earlier ruling, effectively making it possible for states to ban abortions earlier than 12 weeks.
According to the draft opinion, written by conservative Justice Samuel Alito and published by Politico in May, the court would find that the Roe v Wade decision was wrongly decided because the U.S. Constitution makes no specific mention of abortion rights.
In the aftermath of a Roe reversal, about half of states would be likely to ban abortion or limit it heavily.
The decision is expected sometime soon.
- America Without Roe Will Look a Lot Like Texas (Bloomberg)
- 26 States Are Certain or Likely to Ban Abortion Without Roe (Guttmacher Institute)
- Factbox: Abortion in America if Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade (Reuters)
- U.S. Supreme Court set to overturn Roe v. Wade abortion rights decision, Politico reports (Reuters)
- Supreme Court: Where would abortions be illegal in the US? (BBC)