Toda Italia en cuarentena mientras el coronavirus se propaga
March 10, 2020 - Más de 60 millones de personas están confinadas luego que el gobierno puso todo el país en cuarentena en un intento por detener la propagación del coronavirus.
Two days after imposing the same strict measures on a quarter of the country, in the hard-hit north, Italian Premier Giuseppe Conte urged all 60 million Italians to stay home. The only travel allowed will be for proven work reasons, for health conditions or other cases of necessity.
The nationwide restrictions take effect Tuesday until April 3 and include extending the closures of schools and universities and closing pubs, eateries and cafes at dusk.
Italy registered 1,807 more confirmed cases as of Monday evening, for a national total of 9,172. The number of dead in Italy also increased by 97 to 463 — most of them elderly with previous ailments.
Over 9,000 people have become infected in Italy in little over two weeks, out of a global total of more than 113,000 in over 100 countries. Nearly 4,000 people have died across the world, the vast majority in mainland China.
- Coronavirus Italy: PM extends lockdown to entire country (The Guardian)
- Factbox: Italy orders nationwide lockdown to combat back coronavirus (Reuters)
- Italy extends coronavirus quarantine to entire country (FT)
- Coronavirus in Italia, 9.172 casi e 463 morti: il bollettino del 9 marzo (Corriere)
- I contagi in Italia per regione (La Reppublica)
Graphic News Standards