Costo para el RU de la votación del Parlamento Europeo
April 12, 2019 -- El gobierno del Reino Unido gastará más de £100 millones para participar en las elecciones del Parlamento Europeo el 23 de mayo, según un análisis del costo de la votación más reciente en 2014
The elections took place in 12 electoral constituencies across all of the UK and Gibraltar. The total cost was £108,689,344, paid from the UK Government’s Consolidated Fund
This total includes the costs for the distribution of poll cards, the operation of polling stations, provision of postal votes, the count, and the fees paid to returning officers for their services in delivering the elections. It also includes the cost of the delivery of candidates’ election leaflets.
• £2.5 million for returning officers’ services;
• £40.6 million for candidate mailings
At the election:
• 46.5 million people were registered and eligible to vote; of whom,
• 7.2 million were registered to vote by post; and
• 16.5 million cast a vote.
The elections were conducted by:
• 11 Regional Returning Officers;
• 381 Local Returning Officers; and
• the Chief Electoral Officer for Northern Ireland, with the support of local authority electoral services teams, local authority staff and resources more widely, and the Electoral Office for Northern Ireland.