Israel-Hamas war situation report day 66
December 11, 2023 - Hamas has issued a warning over the lives of the 137 hostages still held in Gaza unless their demands for a prisoner exchange are met.
Israeli Army Radio has reported that the IDF has said 430 of its soldiers have died since October 7, including 101 during the ground offensive,
and says it has killed between 6,000-7,000 Palestinian fighters, injuring 12,000-14,000.
The IDF has ordered civilians to leave Khan Younis, with tanks now in the city centre amid intense fighting, and has renewed calls to evacuate Gaza City as clearing operations continue in Jabalia and Shuja’iya.
The UN General Assembly will vote on a draft resolution brought by the UAE calling for an immediate ceasefire in Gaza after it was vetoed in the Security Council by the U.S.
- Hamas threatens hostages as Netanyahu says group's end is near (BBC)
- Hamas issues warning over lives of hostages; UN general assembly to hold emergency meeting (The Guardian)
- Gaza death toll nears 18,000 amid Israeli attacks (Al Jazeera)
- IDF ground op death toll reaches 101; PM said to establish team for post-war Gaza plan (Times of Israel)
- Eleven people killed, including children, in early morning Israeli raids on Gaza (WAFA)