Russian invasion: Situation report day 534
August 11, 2023 -
Poland will move up to 10,000 troops to Belarus border to deter
further provocations, amidst warnings of airspace violations and increased activity following the arrival of Wagner forces in the country.
Defence Minister Mariusz Błaszczak said 4,000 would directly support the Border Guard, with another 6,000 in reserve.
Ukraine has unilaterally announced a “humanitarian corridor” for ships
stuck in the Black Sea ports of Odesa, Chornomorsk and Pivdenny. Shipping and insurance companies have said they weren’t informed about the new corridor and had questions over its viability.
- Institute for the Study of War
- Ukraine announces 'humanitarian corridor' for ships stuck in Black Sea ports (Reuters)
- Kyiv says Zaporizhzhia nuclear plant switched to reserve power line (Reuters)
- Poland to send 2,000 troops to reinforce Belarus border (Reuters)
- Russia-Ukraine war at a glance: what we know on day 534 of the invasion (The Guardian)