Situation report day 266
November 16, 2022 - Russia launched around 100 missiles in the largest single strike since the start of the war, in an apparent snub to the G20 summit where leaders issued a declaration “deploring in the strongest terms Russian aggression against Ukraine”.
Poland is likely to invoke NATO Article 4 after a missile hit a farm in the east of the country killing two people. Article 4 is the start of a formal consultation on the threat and obliges NATO countries to “consult together if the territorial integrity, political independence or security of any of the parties is threatened” but does not require a collective military response.
- Russian Offensive Campaign Assessment (ISW)
- NATO envoys hold emergency meeting on Poland blast (Reuters)
- Reactors at Ukrainian nuclear power plants shut down after Russian strikes (Reuters)
- G20 leaders deplore Russian aggression ‘in strongest terms’ (The Guardian)
- Abandoned Chechen bodies, Pavlivka captured at the cost of 500 Russian troops, Zelensky in Kherson. What's happening on the front line? (The Insider)