Covid-19 lockdowns begin to relax
April 29, 2020 - The world is slowly beginning to emerge from various Covid-19 lockdowns, with nations hoping to restart their economies as people go back to work.
Coronavirus outbreaks are at different stages around the world, with some countries beginning to ease their restrictions, whereas in others, like the UK, the restrictions are being kept in place. Elsewhere, they are even being strengthened.
The World Health Organisation is advising countries that ease restrictions to wait at least two weeks to evaluate the impact, before taking further measures.
- Coronavirus lockdowns unlocked: Which countries are easing restrictions (Sky News)
- Factbox: Some Italian companies resume work as coronavirus curbs eased (Reuters)
- Australia says winning against coronavirus, eases lockdown (Reuters)
- Sweden says its coronavirus approach has worked. The numbers suggest a different story (CNN)
- Lockdown eased: Netherlands and France plan to re-open primary schools (The Guardian)
Graphic News Standards