Singapore hosts WTA Finals
October 21-28, 2018 -- The world’s top eight women tennis players contest the season-ending WTA Finals at Singapore’s Indoor Stadium. This will be the fifth and final year that the tournament is played in Singapore. From 2019-28, the Chinese city of Shenzhen takes over hosting duties for the most prestigious event on the WTA calendar.
(1) Angelique Kerber, Germany
(2) Caroline Wozniacki, Denmark
(3) Naomi Osaka, Japan
(4) Petra Kvitova, Czech Republic
(5) Sloane Stephens, United States
(6) Elina Svitolina, Ukraine
(7) Karolina Pliskova, Czech Republic
(8) Kiki Bertens, Netherlands
Kiki Bertens, the first Dutch woman to break into the Top 10 since 1996, replaces the injured World No.1, Simona Halep (Romania), in the draw.