The world’s first robot-crafted burger
September 1, 2018 -- A new hamburger restaurant in San Francisco will custom cook and build a burger to order, using a robot cooking machine.
Customers at the burger joint send orders via tablet to a robot which customises everything from how well-done the burger will be to the type of cheese and toppings they want.
Burger bot grinds the meat, forms the patties, griddles them, chops tomatoes and grates cheese, toasts and butters the bun, and dispenses seasoning and sauces. It then assembles and bags the burger – all for $6.
Currently undergoing a limited testing phase, the burger bot will fully open for business in September.
- The world’s first entirely robot-crafted burger is here. this is exactly how it’s made (Fortune)
- The world’s first robot-made burger is about to hit the bay area (Bloomberg)
- Taste test: Burger robot startup Creator opens first restaurant (TechCrunch)
- The mission to build the ultimate burger bot (Wired)
- Imagining a new culinary possibility (Creator)