Russische Invasion: Situationsbericht Tag 555
September 1, 2023 -
Russland hält Regionalwahlen ab in den besetzten "neuen Gebieten" von Donetsk, Luhansk, Saporischschja und Cherson Oblast, versucht damit die Autorität von Moskau zu festigen.
Russia has been sinking ships in the Kerch Strait in a bid to create an underwater barrier against Ukrainian seaborne drone attacks on the Kerch Bridge, the vital logistical link from mainland Russia to Crimea.
President Zelensky claimed that a Ukrainian-made long-range missile
successfully hit a target 700km away, as Kyiv bids to increase its domestic production of long-range missiles, but gave no details of the missile or the target. Russian reports say a Ukrainian drone struck a building near one of the country’s biggest nuclear reactors but did not mention any damage to the reactor.
- Institute for the Study of War
- Moscow stages local elections in occupied parts of Ukraine (Reuters)
- UN chief sends Russia bid to revive Black Sea grain deal (Reuters)
- Ukraine reports some battlefield 'successes' in the south, east (Reuters)
- Russia's FSB says it thwarted Ukrainian sabotage group in border region (Reuters)