Russische Invasion: Situationsbericht für Tag 520
July 28, 2023 -
Gemäß Berichten hat die Europäische Kommission kein Geld um Kiew mit dem Export von Getreide zu helfen, nachdem das Schwarzmeer Getreideabkommen von Russland gekündigt worden war, das eine sichere Passage für Lebensmittel über ukrainische Häfen ermöglicht hatte.
At a Russia-Africa summit in St. Petersburg, President Vladimir Putin sought to position Russia as a replacement to Ukraine, able to supply grain on both a commercial and aid basis to Africa, “fulfilling Moscow's critical role in global food security”. He offered to provide free grain to allies Burkina Faso, Central African Republic, Eritrea, Mali, Somalia and Zimbabwe - which says it has enough to ensure its own food security - while omitting other countries in need such as Sudan and Chad.
According to a U.S. intelligence report, China is increasingly providing Moscow with military and dual-use technology for the war in Ukraine, whilst imports of Russian gas and oil, rerouted from Europe, have also increased.
- Institute for the Study of War
- Russia says downs Ukrainian drone near Moscow - RIA (Reuters)
- US intelligence report says China likely supplying tech for Russian military (Reuters)
- Putin promises African leaders free grain despite 'hypocritical' Western sanctions (Reuters)
- Ukraine recaptures Staromaiorske village in southeast, Zelenskiy says (Reuters)