Russische Invasion: Situationsbericht Tag 502
July 10, 2023 - Ukraine: US Präsident Joe Biden meint vor dem Gipfeltreffen in Vilnius, Kiew wäre "nicht bereit" für einen NATO Beitritt,aber er hoffe einen Weg zur Block-Mitgliedschaft nach dem Krieg zu finden.
Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has spoken to his Turkish counterpart after Moscow accused Ankara of violating a prisoner exchange agreement under which captured Ukrainian Azov commanders, who led the defence of Mariupol, were to remain in Turkey in exile until the end of hostilities. President Zelensky brought the men home on July 8 to a hero’s welcome.
Turkey’s President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has said he is pressing Vladimir Putin to renew the Black Sea Grain deal which is due to expire on July 17, but with RIA claiming the only hope is for the two leaders to discuss the issue, there are still no plans for talks between them.
- Institute for the Study of War
- Ukrainian forces advance in south, hold 'initiative,' says Zelenskiy (Reuters)
- Biden and NATO to offer support for Ukraine, not membership (Reuters)
- Russian, Turkish ministers talk after Turkey sends Ukrainian commanders home (Reuters)
- Putin-Erdogan talks only hope for Black Sea grain deal extension- RIA (Reuters)