Russische Invasion: Situationsbericht Tag 488
June 26, 2023 -
Präsident Lukaschenko von Belarus war in der Krise Russlands eine große Hilfe, er beendete die Rebellion von Wagner. Allerdings ist der Aufenthalt von Jewgeni Prigoshin – angeblich im Exil - nicht bekannt und die nächsten Schritte von Präsident Wladimir Putin ebenso unbekannt.
Moscow mayor Sergei Sobyanin has cancelled the anti-terrorism measures put in place as Wagner forces approached the capital, and banks are open as normal after the central bank cancelled its declaration of Monday as a non-working day. The rouble is down to a 15-month low against the U.S. dollar in early trading.
Ukrainian President Zelensky has discussed Russian “weakness” with allies including U.S. President Joe Biden, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau of Canada and Polish President Andrzej Duda, but on the frontline there was no sign of any change and fighting has continued as before.
At Zaporizhya Nuclear Power Plant, however, Ukrainian intelligence has reported that Russia has mined the cooling pond and moved trucks
loaded with explosives to four of the six power units.
- Institute for the Study of War
- Moscow mayor cancels Wagner mutiny anti-terror regime in city -statement (Reuters)
- Zelenskiy discusses Russian turmoil with Biden, Trudeau, Duda (Reuters)
- Russian rouble at weakest point since March 2022 (The Guardian)
- Ukraine says little changes along southern frontline in past week (Reuters)