Russische Invasion: Situationsbericht Tag 450
May 19, 2023 -
Präsident Selenskyj wird am G7 Gipfel in Hiroshima persönlich teilnehmen, im über die russische nukleare Bedrohung zu referieren.
Die Führungspersönlichkeiten am G7 Gipfel wollen noch strengere Sanktionen für Russland diskutieren.
The Pentagon has revealed that it over-valued U.S. military aid to Kyiv by $3 billion in an accounting error, potentially clearing the way for a new increase in weapons shipments. Defence officials had calculated the value of military equipment provided from U.S. stockpiles as the replacement value rather than its original purchase value minus depreciation. The current overvaluation of $3bn is still an estimate and further investigations may reveal that the real figure is much higher.
The U.S. has provided military aid currently valued at $21.1bn, but the recalculation could allow the Biden administration to send additional weaponry without needing to seek additional funds from Congress.
- Russian offensive campaign assessment (ISW)
- Ukraine Leader Zelenskiy to Visit Hiroshima G-7 in Person (Bloomberg)
- Exclusive: Pentagon accounting error overvalued Ukraine weapons aid by $3 billion (Reuters)
- Russia says hypersonic missile scientists face 'very serious' treason accusations (Reuters)
- Russian forces in retreat near Bakhmut, Ukraine and Wagner say (Reuters)