Explosion in Polen “mutmaßlich unbeabsichtigt”
November 16, 2022 - NATO sieht den Raketeneinschlag in Polen als Unfall, verursacht durch die ukrainische Luftabwehr, die russisches Raketenfeuer beantwortete.
Nevertheless, NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg said that Moscow, not Kyiv, was ultimately to blame for starting the war in the first place and launching the attack that triggered Ukraine's defences.
Earlier, U.S. President Joe Biden said it was “unlikely” the missile had been fired from Russia.
“From the information that we and our allies have, it was an S-300 rocket made in the Soviet Union, an old rocket and there is no evidence that it was launched by the Russian side,” the Polish president Andrzej Duda said.
Two people were killed on a farm Przewodów, near the western border with Ukraine, as Ukraine came under fire from one of the biggest barrages of missile strikes of the war.
The Kremlin had insisted it had nothing to do with their deaths.