Situationsbericht Tag 198
September 9, 2022 -
Der ukrainische Präsident Selenskiy sagt, die Überraschungs Offensive im Osten und Süden des Landes hätte ein Gebiet von 1.000 km2 und Dutzende Siedlungen der Ukraine zurückgebracht.
Ukrainian forces have advanced up to 50km into previously Russian-controlled territory near Kharkiv, to within 20km of the key Russian logistical centre in Kupyansk, and is alleged to have recaptured around 20 towns including Balakliia. In Kherson Oblast incremental advances are being supported by partisan activity in Russian-held territory, disrupting supply lines.
U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken announced $2 billion in new military support, on top of the $675 million in equipment approved by the Pentagon, including 105 mm howitzers, 36,000 shells, munition for HIMARS, high-speed anti-radar missiles (HARM), 100 armored vehicles (HMMWV), 1.5 million cartridges for small arms and more than 5,000 anti-armor systems, and 1,000 units of 155-mm rounds of remote anti-tank mines. According to U.S. sources, more than more than 400 Russian targets have been hit with HIMARS, having a devastating effect.
- Russian offensive campaign assessment (Institute for the Study of War)
- Ukraine's Zelenskiy: more than 1,000 sq km of territory liberated since Sept 1
- Russia-Ukraine war latest: what we know on day 198 of the invasion (The Guardian)
- Ukraine liberates 1,000 square kilometers, over 20 settlements in Kharkiv Oblast (Kyiv Independent)
- China Snaps Up Half-Price Russian LNG as Europe Shuns Supplies (Bloomberg)