US Supreme Court hat Abtreibungsgesetz gestürzt (1)
June 21, 2022 -
Der US Oberste Gerichtshof hat das Roe v Wade Gesetz aus 1973 gestürzt, das in der ganzen Nation das Recht auf Abbruch einer Schwangerschaft bis zur 12. Woche legalisiert hat. Jetzt können 26 Staaten frei entscheiden, ob sie Abortion verbieten oder erlauben.
In 1973, the Supreme court ruled in Roe v Wade that pregnant people were entitled to an abortion during the first three months of their pregnancy.
But a leaked draft of their forthcoming ruling suggests the court is poised to overturn that earlier ruling, effectively making it possible for states to ban abortions earlier than 12 weeks.
According to the draft opinion, written by conservative Justice Samuel Alito and published by Politico in May, the court would find that the Roe v Wade decision was wrongly decided because the U.S. Constitution makes no specific mention of abortion rights.
In the aftermath of a Roe reversal, about half of states would be likely to ban abortion or limit it heavily.
The decision is expected sometime soon.
- America Without Roe Will Look a Lot Like Texas (Bloomberg)
- 26 States Are Certain or Likely to Ban Abortion Without Roe (Guttmacher Institute)
- Factbox: Abortion in America if Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade (Reuters)
- U.S. Supreme Court set to overturn Roe v. Wade abortion rights decision, Politico reports (Reuters)
- Supreme Court: Where would abortions be illegal in the US? (BBC)