Wahlgewinner könnte die Hezbollah werden
May 10, 2022 -
Parlamentswahlen im Libanon finden inmitten politischer Stagnation und Wirtschaftskrise statt: keine gesicherte Grundversorgung, das libanesische Pfund fällt rasant, sunnitischen Wähler sind unzufrieden.
High abstentions among Sunnis, together with the withdrawal from the election of former Prime Minister Saad Hariri and his Future Movement, could be enough to hand power to the Iran-backed Hezbollah.
Within the framework of Lebanon’s denominationally accounted parliament, Hezbollah and their allies - who won 71 of the 128 seats in the last election - could control a two-thirds majority of 86 seats, enough to bypass any blocking veto.
- A rival sits out Lebanon's election. Now Hezbollah could fill the void (Reuters)
- Seeking change, more than 100,000 Lebanese cast ballots for May 15 election (Reuters)
- Lebanon: Politicians mobilise in Sunni districts after Hariri (Al Jazeera)
- Electoral map (Nawhal watan)
- Mapping Lebanon (L’Orient Today)