UK Flugzeugträger fährt nach Asien für Ersteinsatz
May 4, 2021 -
Britanniens HMS Queen Elizabeth Flugzeugträger führt die Einsatzträger Gruppe 21 an - eine Flotille von Royal Navy Schiffen – auf ihrem 28-Wochen Ersteinsatz in Ostasien
The carrier will have eight RAF and 10 U.S. F-35B stealth jets onboard and will be accompanied by six Royal Navy ships, a submarine, 14 naval helicopters and a company of Royal Marines.
They will be joined by a U.S. destroyer and Dutch frigate while carrying out visits to India, Japan, South Korea and Singapore.
The high-profile deployment, aimed at bolstering security ties in East Asia, comes amid tensions in the region as concern grows in Japan over any threat posed to neighbouring Taiwan by China, Reuters said.
- Britain’s Queen Elizabeth aircraft carrier to visit Japan, S Korea on maiden deployment (Reuters)
- New UK aircraft carrier to set sail for Asia next month (AP)
- Queen Elizabeth Class (Royal Navy)
- Carrier Strike Group prepares for final test ahead of global deployment (Royal Navy)
- HMS Queen Elizabeth sea trials (Rolls-Royce)