President Biden is off to record start
February 4, 2021 - December 5, 2021 -
Seit Amtsantritt am 20. Januar konzentrierte sich Präsident Biden vor allem auf Executive Actions, schneller als seine Vorgänger, da er jede Menge Verordnungen der Trump Administration aufheben will.
With the stroke of a pen, Biden has rejoined the Paris climate agreement, halted work on the Keystone XL pipeline, reversed the ban on travel from Muslim-majority nations and repealed the Mexico City policy.
Some Republicans have criticized Biden for pushing through Democratic priorities with a signature, after preaching unity and bipartisanship. The number of actions is notable, but these sorts of reversals are something most presidents do.
Executive actions can’t create new laws – they have to exist within the constraints of the Constitution and existing statute. They direct the executive branch to do what is already in its power. And as a result they can be, and often are, reversed by the next president.
- Biden signs executive orders at furious pace (The Hill)
- With 28 Executive Orders Signed, President Biden Is Off To A Record Start (NPR)
- Executive Orders by president (The American Presidency Project)
- Executive Orders (The American Presidency Project)
- 2021 Joe Biden Executive Orders (Federal Register)