EU Recovery FONDS infographic
Grafik zeigt Beihilfen für Mitgliedsländer, wie von der EU Kommission bekanntgegeben.
GN40580

WIRTSCHAFT

EU Recovery Fonds Beihilfen

By Duncan Mil

September 18, 2020 - Die Recovery and Resilience Facility der EU Kommission in Höhe von
€672,5 Milliarden umfasstBeihilfen in Höhe von €312,5 Milliarden und €360 Milliarden billiger Kredite. Sie sollen zur raschen Konjunkturbelebung der Mitgliedsländer nach der Rezession, verursacht durch die Pandemie, dienen.

The largest beneficiaries of the funds in 2021-2022 are Spain and Italy, which will get €43.5 billion and €44.7 billion respectively. France is to receive €22.7 billion and Germany €15.2 billion.

Poland is another leading beneficiary of the grants, with nearly €19bn, compared with €15.2bn for Germany.

The Facility is the crucial recovery instrument at the heart of so-called “NextGenerationEU” which will be funded by Brussels borrowing on the capital markets and distributing money to member states.

Commission President Ursula von der Leyen originally wanted permission to raise €750bn, with grants of €500bn and loans of €250bn.

An “allocation key” fixes a maximum possible amount for the grant component of the recovery package for each Member State.

For 70% of the total of €312.5 billion available in grants, the allocation key will take into account the Member State’s population, its GDP per capita, and its average unemployment rate over the past five years, compared to the EU average. For the remaining 30%, the formula will replace the 2015-2019 unemployment rate indicator by the observed loss in real GDP over 2020 and the observed cumulative loss in real GDP over the period 2020-2021.

Member States may also request a loan under the Facility. The maximum volume of loans for each Member State will not exceed 6.8% of its Gross National Income. However, an increase will be possible in exceptional circumstances subject to available resources.

PUBLISHED: 18/09/2020; STORY: Graphic News; PICTURES: Associated Press
Graphic News Standards