Trump stoppt WHO Beiträge wegen Coronavirus infographic
Grafik zeigt Details der Beiträge zum WHO Budget in der Periode 2018-19.
GN40137

GESUNDHEIT

Trump suspendiert WHO Beiträge

April 15, 2020 - Präsident Trump sagte, dass er die US Beiräge an die Welt-Gesundheits-Organisation während der Coronavirus Pandemie stoppen lässt, er beschuldigt die Organisation nicht genug getan zu haben, um die Ausbreitung des Virus zu stoppen, nachdem es erstmals in China aufgetreten ist.

Trump, who had telegraphed his intentions last week, claimed the outbreak could have been contained at its source and that lives could have been saved had the UN health agency done a better job investigating the early reports coming out of China.

“The WHO failed in its basic duty and must be held accountable,” Trump said at a Tuesday briefing. He said the U.S. would be reviewing the WHO’s actions to stop the virus before making any decision on resuming aid.

UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres responded to Trump’s announcement by saying now is not the time to end support for the World Health Organisation, calling the WHO “absolutely critical” to the global effort to combat Covid-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus.

PUBLISHED: 15/04/2020; STORY: Graphic News
Graphic News Standards