DOWNLOADABLE FILESWhat files you can download depends on what deal you have and their type, i.e. whether a "graphic", "responsive screen graphic", "interactive", "picture" or "photoshop montage", "cartoon", "caricature" or simply "artwork". Rather than show actual filenames at the point of download, Download options are indicated.
- GRAPHICS The term "graphic" is used to refer to an image containing drawn elements, words, and sometimes picture elements created in Adobe Illustrator.Download options .....• ZIP: All print to download a file GN12345P_print_EN.zip that decompresses to a folder containing:
GN12345C_EN.ai -- Editable file saved to Adobe Illustrator CS4
GN12345C_EN.pdf -- File saved to Adobe pdf (press quality, not always Illustrator compatible)
GN12345C_EN.jpg -- File at 300dpi, CMYK
• TXT: Captions to download a text file containing the words from the graphic for use by translators and/or editors
GN12345T_words_ EN.txt -- Plain Text / Unicode 8
• JPG: Print to download a JPG formatted for print use
GN12345C_EN.jpg -- File at 300dpi, CMYK
• ZIP: Clip to download a file GN12345C_clip_EN.zip that contains either clipped artwork or non-standard file formats. On request and subject to time availability, graphics can be clipped to give separate drawn elements without words, or reformatted to EPS or transparent PNG
• AI: Legacy downloads a file created between 1991-2005 in Adobe Illustrator 3 or 8 and saved to GN12345.sea. Such files can be reissued on request to modern formats and with higher definition preview visuals
• ZIP: Set AI to download to a file GN12345C_ai_EN.zip that decompresses to a folder containing a set of ai files:
GN12345C_1_EN.ai, GN12345C_2_EN.ai, GN12345C_3_EN.ai, ... where 1, 2, 3 are the "SetCode"
• TXT: SetCode downloads a text file that identifies each graphic in the set.
Graphics may be packaged as a set (i.e. when related graphics are packaged so they can all be downloaded together) to facilitate downloading and so the archive isn't flooded with similar-looking graphics. Generally the AI are packaged as a set separate from the PDF or JPG.
- RESPONSIVE SCREEN GRAPHICSThe term "responsive screen graphic" is used to refer to a graphic created in Adobe Illustrator that looks very similar to a graphic as defined above, but is responsive thanks to the use of two artboards - one designed for smartphones and the other for larger screens. When saved to html and viewed online, the version seen depends on the size of the screen on which it is viewed.Download options .....• ZIP: Screen to download a file GN12345R_screen_EN.zip that decompresses to a folder containing:
GN12345R_EN.ai -- Master editable file in Adobe Illustrator CS4 that can be converted to HTML using the AI2HTML script provided
[GN12345R_EN] -- Folder containing the .html and .png images produced from the master .ai file by the AI2HTML script
GN12345R_EN.jpg -- Landscape preview visual (300px wide x 200px deep)
• EMBED CODE: also available
- INTERACTIVES and SPORTLIVEThe term "interactive" is used when there are links within the graphic so a viewer can determine what is seen. Such graphics may also contain animated sequences. Interactives created today are all responsive in that they are designed for smartphones as well as larger screens, the height of the graphic remaining the same regardless of the screen width.Download options .....• ZIP: Interactive to download a file GN12345W_interactive_EN.zip. This decompresses to give two folders containing the "master" files and the publishable "minimized" version:
[GN12345] -- The "master" files that can be modified using Tumult Hype.
[GN12345W_min_EN] -- A "minimized" publishable version of the graphic containing:
GN12345.html -- that can be embedded on a web page
[GN12345.hyperesources] -- folder containing the assets used by the .html. The text for the graphic is held in a file GN12345.json that can be modified with a simple text editor
GN12345R_EN.jpg -- - Separate landscape shaped jpg that can be used as a preview visual or button
• TXT: EventCode - to download the codes needed when an interactive graphic displays differently for different events
• Embed code is also available for these graphics.)
Some interactives are designed to "pull in" data from an external "feed". This is the case with Sportlive event guides that include live results and statistics, and for events such as elections where the data needs to be updated as the results come in. We recommend that these are published using the supplied embed code so that any updates are applied automatically. Contact us if you would like embed code for a language not routinely supplied.
- ARTWORK, CARTOONS are created in Adobe Illustrator are made available in formats similar to graphics.
The term Artwork is reserved for a drawn image without associated words, e.g. a company logo or team crests. The term Cartoon is used for a stylised image with words, intended to be humorous or satirical. The term clipart is reserved as a keyword to identify graphics that have been "clipped" with the drawn elements made available separately. These are supplied in the English language section of the website.
- PICTURES, PHOTOMONTAGES, ILLUSTRATIONS, CARICATURES are created in Photoshop and made available as JPG.
A Picture is a single photograph with nominal changes, originally supplied to as part of a press pack or similar. A Photomontage is a composite image constructed from multiple photographs and/or drawn elements. An Illustration is an image without words, either drawn conventionally and scanned, or created digitally. A Caricature is a stylised drawing of a person, often with exaggerated features.