SPORTLIVESPORTIVE widgets offer live results and statistics together with background information in a visually dynamic interactive guide suitable for mobile devices as well as web pages.
- Responsive: Sportlive interactives (after July 2015) are responsive -- their design changes if viewed on screens of different size. For smaller screens the width decreases but the height remains the same.
- Easy to publish: Sportlive interactives can be published in an iframe. We recommend using the embed code supplied by Graphic News wherever possible. This is because updates may be necessary at short notice because of factors beyond our control, particularly at the start of a season. By using our embed code your website will always show the latest update of the graphic.
- Available in different languages: If a publisher would like the embed code for a Sportlive graphic in a language not already available, please contact Graphic News. If the publisher supplies the text for the background text in another language, Graphic News can host the graphic and supply the appropriate embed code.
- Editable: Sportlive interactives can be modified using Tumult Hype and published in a similar way to other interactives. But for Sportlive there are two text files (json) - one is for the live results feed and one for the background text. The background text can be translated but the live results are provided by an agency so the languages available depend on what can be supplied.
- Tournament Guides v Event trackers: To avoid overwhelming our website by producing separate graphics for each match or event, Event IDs may be used. With a soccer widget, by substituting the match ID in the embed code, the graphic can be “refaced” to focus on a particular match or club. Event IDs can be downloaded, and are presented in a table - visible only after you log in.
- Web Apps: Sports fans who want to follow events live via our widgets can download them as a “web app” to their mobile device. This is essentially a bookmark with an icon on your device's home screen. If you click on the icon it takes you back to the linked web page - very useful for anyone following a particular sport event.
• SPORTS FANS: Use the website MENU to go to the SPORTLIVE of your choice. Bookmark the page, directing the bookmark to your home screen. You will see a GN icon for that event. In future, if you click on the App you will be directed to that same selected page.
• PUBLISHERS: Publishers licensed to publish Graphic News infographics can - on the web page displaying an infographic - include a download button to give away an App so that readers can return to that page easily. They would need to add the following code into the head of the html page, and place the button (guide.png) at a suitable location. Because web apps are essentially bookmarks they therefore act as a gateway to encourage readers to return to the original website.
<meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes" /><!-- iOS -->
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="images/guide.png"/>
<meta name="mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes" /><!-- Android -->
<link rel="icon" href="images/guide.png"/>
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width">
CAUTION! Do not use the official logos for sports events because this could be deemed as advertising, i.e. commercial use